The complete version of Wow was first released on CD in Japan in 1995. A newly remastered version was released by Sundazed Records on October 9, 2007 featuring a number of bonus tracks, most of which are previously unreleased. At the same time Sundazed also released the CD debut of Grape Jam in its entirety with 3 previously unreleased bonus tracks.
Both Wow and Grape Jam were taken out of print on November 3, 2007, along with Moby Grape for reasons that were not officially specified. It has been widely circulated on the Moby Grape mailing list that former manager Matthew Katz, whom the band has been in legal battles with since the late 1960s, threatened to file a lawsuit against Sundazed claiming ownership of the albums' artwork.
Artwork of the Wow album (design and illustration) was done by Bob Cato. Cato proposed a surreal image without any input from the band. Cato was influenced by various Victorian woodcuts. According to Peter Lewis the title was left off the cover because "What was in the box was more important than the box." It was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Recording Package in 1969.
1. The Place and the Time
2. Murder in My Heart for the Judge
3. Bitter Wind
4. Can't Be So Bad
5. Just Like Gene Autry; A Foxtrot
7. Motorcycle Irene
10. Rose Colored Eyes
11. Miller's Blues
12. Naked, If I Want To
13. The Place and the Time (alternate)*
14. Stop (demo rec.)* previously unissued
15. Loosely Remembered* previously unissued
16. Miller's Blues (alternate*) previously unissued
17. What's To Choose* previously unissued
18. Seeing previously unissued
(total CD time for Wow 59:04)
* Peter Lewis – rhythm guitar, vocals
* Bob Mosley – bass, vocals
* Jerry Miller – lead guitar, vocals
* Skip Spence – rhythm guitar, piano, vocals
* Don Stevenson – drums, vocals
Thanks go to COR for sending this post!!!
=== Here it IS ===